Tiina's giveaway

Tiina's giveaway
31 Jan

יום שבת, 30 בינואר 2016

The finished trailer

Hello dear readers,

I finally completed the trailer project.  I enjoyed working on it.  Along  the way I learned new methods of working with foam-core.

The trailer, complete with everything inside and outside, weighs only 550 grams. Goldie and Sarit together created  the plans  + the drawings and conducted the workshop.
Before the first meeting, we, each received, through WhatsApp, printed drawings and instructions (In Hebrew) to prepare ahead at home.

When we got together we brought with us the almost  completed shells of the trailers.  We started
making the furniture and took back homework.  It was almost an online project when most of the work was done at home and a lot of fun and laughter was held at the meeting.

I left the last finishing touches for the meeting, but since I'll not be able to go, I finished my
trailer the best way I could and shall send photos to my friends at the meeting.  In return, if and when I'll receive photos of my friends work I'll share them with you.

Bellow are photos of my finished work.  It is not a very good day for taking photos but you'll
be able to see what was done.  As you see, I decided on the clear, see-through roof.  But I also
have a  mat spare roof just in case I'll want a change.



































The last photo is one which gives a better view of the interior.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow with my husband.  Thank you all for your kind works and
good wishes.

Enjoy a good weekend with my blessings!



יום שבת, 23 בינואר 2016

Roof for the trailer

Hello again

There is a problem with the trailers roof.  A mat plastic within the white frame looks really better than a clear plastic. but the second enables a far better view of the indoors.

I have not yet glued it on and ask your opinion.

Mat roof which allows light but not view.




Clear roof  which allows both light and view but looks somewhat unfinished.





I left a few items to be finished at the meeting scheduled for the 31st of Jan.  Unfortunately I shall not be able to take part at this meeting.  We got notified that a minor operation for my husband will be
on this same date.  It was a long waiting list and we don't want to miss it.

On the other hand I'll finish this project within the next days and send photos to the group.  In
return I'll get theirs.  I'll be very sorry to miss the company of my local friends.

Will soon post again showing photos of the finished project.

Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings!


יום שבת, 16 בינואר 2016

Susi's giveaway surprise gifts

Dear readers,


Sometimes I look at a miniature scene and I feel that this one is going to be, in the future, a true
example of how things were in our present time.  This is why I have a special spot for modern pieces.
An example of what I mean is Susi's records shop.  You have to visit her blog to see it. It's an exact miniature of the music shops I used to buy from.

Susi was very kind  to share her tutorials on how to make a record sleeve (cover) and headphones. I am one of the very lucky winners of Susi's giveaways which contained, among other wonderful items, these beautiful records's sleeves with a record disc inside each.




















THANK YOU SUSI!!  I am delighted with your surprise gifts.

I wish you all a lovely weekend to enjoy and blessings.

יום שבת, 9 בינואר 2016

Surfboard tutorial

Hello again dear readers,

I was wrong to think  the last stages of this project were few.  It seems that the more I try to
finish it the more work emerges.

Since it's meant to be a seaside camper I was looking up tutorials on miniature surfboards on the net.
Found nothing to my liking.  Then, I remembered the styrofoam plates which I use for making
flower making and an idea came up.  Here goes:




1.  This is the styrofoam plate



2.  Cut out the raised frame. to get a flat board.



3. Lay a paper template on the flat board.



4.  With a sharp craft knife cut around the template.




5.  Sand the sides gently until smooth.



6.  Choose a wrapping paper with a desired motive and glue the board on it.  (Mine is a piece of
      poster.

 7.  Trim the covering paper and paint the sides.  I painted  a yellow acrylic which I had at hand.


8.  The final result. (Very easy and cheap.)




I hope someone finds this tutorial useful. Now I am back to more flowers making.

I wish you all a lovely weekend with blessings.